Friday, November 14, 2008

Hello! Bonjour! Namaste! Iorana! Hola!

Hello to all that read this!

My name is Quinn Corbett, and I am a chef for hire, a travelling chef. This is my first blog so bear with me. Many people in my life, friends and family have suggested that I write down some of the stories of my life, my trials and tribulations. So I'm throwing my hat into the proverbial "blog" ring, and we will see what happens.

So at the moment, I am in the great state of Maine, my self proclaimed 'home'. I say that Maine is where I come from, as that is where my mother's family is from, and my father and brother live here, and have lived here for 20+ years. I myself haven't lived here since I graduated high school, in 1988, with the exception of a few months in Rockland around 2004.

I know live in Carlton, Oregon, a lovely wine village southwest of Portland. I have a small catering company in which I work with local winemakers to produce wine and food paired dinners that, if are carried out properly make for a very memorable experience for the guests. I also have a more lucrative position as a personal chef on a private yacht in French Polynesia. I am lucky enough to work in one of the most beautiful placed in the world, and live in an equally beautiful spot right here in the good old U.S. of A..

So this is a little introduction of who I am, and what I do. My blog will be geared toward food from a professional culinary aspect, as well as travel, not only present experiences, but past experiences as well. I enjoy conversing with a diverse group of people, so I look forward to anyone and everyone's input. So happy trails, happy life, happy eating and happy drinking.

No comments: